Sunday 14 September 2014

My Inspirations | People



Hey everyone!
So today I've put together a top 5 list of people who are my biggest style inspirations. I don't copy absolutely everything these people wear, I just take bits and pieces of their styles and make it into my own. 
I feel that I have a bit of a divide in my style depending on what mood I'm in- sometimes I like to wear more vintage and retro inspired clothes, accessories and hair, but I also wear a lot of grunge and 90's inspired stuff. The people I've featured in hear are a bit of a mixture between both and I also have a male thrown in there, because sometimes guys dress better than girls to be honest! 
I hope you enjoy and can take a little something to incorporate into your personal style.


Audrey Hepburn
 Audrey Hepburn is someone who I've admired for a very long time now. I think she is just the definition of class, simplicity and elegance. She could wear some black capri pants and a stripy top and still look wonderful! I've always loved how despite not having the 'desired' hourglass body of the 50's, she still embraced the signature styles of that time. 

Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift is someone I find hard to write about because I really dislike her music, but I think she has amazing style. She manages to recreate vintage shapes and patterns and make them look new and fresh. 
A while back now, I remember her still being very country when it came to what she wore and her music, but these days she has the perfect mix of curled hair, red lips, polka dots and floral patterns. 

Sky Ferreira
Sky Ferriera's style is simply 90's grunge. She typically wears a lot of black, stripes, band t-shirts, lace up boots and distressed denim. I think she always looks very cool and effortless. I take inspiration from her on days that I don't really want/need to make too much effort, but still make it interesting.


 Zoe Kravtiz
I think I would have to say as of recently, Zoe Kravitz has been one of my favourite style inspirations. Some people refer to her style as messy and 'trashy' but I really think she wears everything effortlessly and classy. She wears a lot of leather, denim, ankle socks, round sunnies and baggy shift dresses. Everything she wears suits her so much and has quite a grunge/punk vibe, but always very put together. She also has amazing make-up, awesome hair and tattoos!

My last, but not least inspiration is Matty Healy, leader singer from the 1975. I personally think everyone should dress a bit more like Matty. Think black, leather jackets, ripped skinny jeans and more black! You should also check out their music, I've had it on repeat all summer.



Thank you for reading! Have a lovely day/evening! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment