Saturday 23 November 2013

Makeup through the ages- Forties Victory Rolls

So for the next few weeks leading up to Christmas, I'm going to be doing a post each week inspired by different makeup and hair looks through the ages including, 20's, 40's, 50's,  60's and  80's. I really enjoy recreating vintage looks and I hope you enjoy looking at them and maybe it'll give you some inspiration!

Today I thought I would do the 40's! I love the victory hair rolls the women had back then, strong brows and big bold lips. Even though it was an awful time to be living in during the war and there was little supplies and money, the women still managed to look classic and flawless!
Main makeup and hair products used: John Frieda Frizz-ease flexible hold hairspray, Rimmel London exaggerate lip liner (064 Obsession) Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick (107), Maybelline master precise liquid eyeliner, Sleek eyebrow kit (dark).


I really enjoy doing this and I just absolutely love this look, I think it's really classic but also quite edgy! 
What are your favorite vintage looks? Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment