Saturday 1 February 2014

Everyday Retro/ Vintage Hairstyles



Hey everyone, so today I'm bringing you some retro/ vintage hairstyles that you can wear for an everyday look. As well as being interested in vintage makeup, I've also been looking at the different hairstyles that were fashionable, especially in the 1940's,50's and 60's. 
I have created three everyday looks inspired by these different era's - victory rolls, retro faux fringe and a bouffant- and have also looked at modern day celebrities who have also recreated these looks. My favorite being Paloma Faith who always has some sort inventive retro up-do!
I hope you like these looks as much as I do and it would be great to see any vintage or retro hairstyles that you've created as well!

Products I used to style my hair: L'Oreal studio line volume supersizing texture spray, Goody finish de-frizzing hairbrush, L'Oreal Elvive extraordinary oil for colored hair, Phil Smith be gorgeous hair straighteners and bobby pins.


Thank you for reading, please comment ideas for any future blog posts :) 



*from now on I'm going to start taking my photos against a plain background, as I know the background I usually use is quite busy and distracts from the hair and makeup, I also am going to try to do a post twice a week*

No comments:

Post a Comment