Friday 20 December 2013

The Roaring 20's- a Great Gatsby inspired look



Hey everyone! So here is the post I've been really excited to do featuring my sister, Bee as my model.
I wanted to do a 20's great Gatsby inspired look that was still quite wearable. After the release of the Great Gatsby in the cinemas earlier this year, the 20's have become a popular theme in fashion and makeup and although I haven't actually watched the film, it really interested me.
During the 20's much more dramatic makeup came into fashion which proved quite controversial. Long locks became short and blunt bobs or perfect pin-curls and ivory face powder was extremely popular during the 20's, as it was fashionable to have a very pale, porcelain complexion.
Many women wore dark smokey eye makeup, long dark eyebrows and deep plum red lips.
I've tried to recreate this look on Bee, but have toned it down a bit to make it a more wearable look. I think this would be great for a party, evening out or if you like to experiment and wear more makeup, you could even wear this in the daytime.
I hope you like this look and can take some inspiration from it!






Products I used: Rimmel Stay Matte foundation, Pixi early bird palette (face powder& blusher), Maybelline 24hr color tattoo (40 permanent taupe), L'Oreal telescopic mascara, 17 Falsifye mascara, Sleek eyebrow kit (Dark), Collection lip liner (Damson), Rimmel Kate Moss matte lipstick (107).


Thanks for reading! I will also being doing a 50's look at some point, but in the meantime, have a wonderful Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment