Thursday 17 July 2014

Bluer than velvet was the night



Hey Everyone! 
I remember doing a post on car boot sales back in March or April and last Sunday I went to another one, but instead of trawling past all the bits and pieces, my mum, uncle and I braved the task of attempting to sell a lot of mine and my mum's clothes. We didn't have very high expectations to be honest and I was actually pleasantly surprised with the outcome, baring in mind it was our first time. 
And although standing in the heat for 4 hours straight with people constantly trying to lower our prices isn't ideal, I actually had quite a nice time there. We made £30 and sold a fare amount of clothes.
Of course, I couldn't go to a car boot without looking  at a few things and I ended up purchasing the most BEAUTIFUL velvet dress, that I just had to share with you!





I have no idea where it is from, but it does have a bit of a vintage feel to it and I just think its so gorgeous! I think what drew me most to it, apart from the velvet, was the back. It just adds the perfect elegant and unique touch to the dress. I also love that although it can be worn as an evening dress for an event or celebration, it could also be paired with a cardigan, crossover bag and some boots or simple dolly shoes to create a really casual everyday look as well.

Thank you for reading and remember your local car boot sales are always worth checking out next time you're up early on a Sunday morning- however unlikely that is! 
Have a great day and weekend ahead! X

*the title of this post is lyrics from the song 'Blue Velvet' by Lana Del Rey*

No comments:

Post a Comment